Monday, April 9, 2018

An Apology

I want to apologize for my last post and how I raved about the Amish having puppy mills.  I'm sure not all of them do and I should not lump the bad ones in with the good ones.  A lot of that is happening in our country today and I don't want to be one of those who do it.

With that being said I'd like to show you what I've been working on this week.  I was lucky enough to get the 2018 LHN Nashville Show Kit and I'm really enjoying it.

I feel like I'm building that house brick by brick it's so tall but I'm hoping to finish that up tonite.  It came with the overdyed flosses and you stitch it on 32ct. Lambswool Jobelan which I am doing.  I ordered the WDW Wool that I need for the finishing from 123 but she sent me the wrong thing.  I think I'm going to keep the one she sent me (it's just plain cream) and use a herringbone wool that I have here that matches the dark greys.  In case you haven't seen this, here's what it will look like when finished (except for the wool over to the side).
Keeper of the Pins (with pins and threads) - Cross Stitch

I also have on a frame the fabric to stitch this sweet little pinkeep (ornament) from Threadwork Primitives.  I promised myself I would finish Keeper of the Pins before starting this.

Quaker Holly Pinwheel - Cross Stitch Pattern

Isn't it adorable????

I also fell in love with La D Da's B is for Bunny pattern and I have that on a stretcher also.  It looks like there is some serious stitching in this one.  Although it's just stitched with DMC so it shouldn't take as long.  Does that make sense?

B is for Bunny - Cross Stitch Pattern

I hope everyone has gotten the last snow of the season and that Spring finally makes an appearance.  I know several people who are just down right depressed about it and I can't blame them.

Here's a good one for you.  Hurricane Irma hit us last September 9th and we still haven't gotten our new roof installed.  They say it will be the middle of this month and I'm crossing everything that I have to cross.  The rainy season starts soon and I don't want to be caught without a new roof.  I'm not the only ones though...our neighbor 2 doors down, his roof is worse than ours and he hasn't gotten one yet either.  I understand that there is a shortage of roofing supplies.   Our luck!

Everyone please have a safe week and don't forget to give your loved ones hugs....just for the fun of it.

Blessings, Barbara

9 comments:

Barb said...

You are certainly working on some cute designs. No need to apologize. You were upset about a big problem. My neighbor would be proud of you. She gets all of her dogs at shelters. I do know what you mean about not lumping everyone in the same mold. I think we all have to be careful of that, not just you!

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching, Barbara. Now I have to research the Amish and puppy mills!

Robin in Virginia said...

Your LHN piece is looking good. I also like the projects you have lined up next. I will be keeping my fingers crossed (except when stitching) that you get your new roof soon.

Barb said...

Oh how good to see a post pop up from you Barbara, you have some lovely stitching to do ,I have been wondering how your husband is and if you have had any answers. Oh blimey,cannot imagine no roof, we have had nothing but rain ,rain and more rain this winter and still it is coming down. Almost given up on spring happening, we did have a couple of nice days before we were back to the wet stuff. Oh well it will stop at some point.
Have a really good week, looking forward to seeing progress on your needlework.
Hugs from this side of the pond.x

Marilyn said...

No need to apologize, I think a lot of people feel the same way.
Great projects.
Love the Pinkeep.
Hope you get a new roof soon.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Oh what sweet projects Barbara! Puppy mills are such a GIGANTIC problem in this country. It is just horrifying and heart breaking.

diamondc said...

Barbara: I am so sorry about your roof, I hope it gets reroofed as soon as possible.
I am totally in love with your new design Needles and Pins, your Threadworks Primitives is sweet, I must stitch this one.
That Bunny is perfect for springtime stitching, we are seeing more bunnies now that it is getting warmer outside.
I am so sick of winter I hope it gets warm and melts all the snow here.

Blessings
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara. I am just getting back into blogging and I was researching a topic tonight I ran into your blog on google. I too HATE puppy mills. MY husband and I have done rescue for 27 and 21 years respectively. So I'm with you on that.

I also stitch! Perfect combination if you ask me.

Furthermore, I'm having a give away on blog if you'd like to join in and follow along. If not, that is fine too.

Your idea for cutting up that quilt and giving it away to shelters is awesome! ALso, vets for their cages when animals come out of surgery. They can use blankets too.

Bethan said...

You have some really lovely designs to work on. Fingers crossed for your roof being replaced in time for the rainy season! x