Wednesday, January 31, 2018

My New Project

I hope everyone has been doing well and surviving this winter and looking forward to Spring.  My bougeanvilla bush was getting out of hand this past summer and it was so big I wasn't able to cover it.  Needless to say I have to cut it off now at ground level and let it grow back.  One good thing about living in Florida is that everything grows very fast so I imagine by the end of next summer it will be well established.
I have been in a Blackbird Designs kind of mood and I started one of their oldies.  Live Each Season is the name of this one and I'm stitching it on a 30ct. primitive green with the requested overdyed colors.  I've had this design for years and years and really never looked into it but since I started it I'm loving the colors.  They go from rich burgundy to a light sunny yellow.


Next on my list to do's are also Blackbird Designs.  The first is a small heart and it's called My Heart is Home and that will be done on a natural linen using the 2 colors of DMC floss.  I was hoping I would have this finished by Valentine's Day but alas it's not to be.


And the final one in my "to do" box is Strawberry Garden.  I'm going to do this one on flax 28ct linen using the overdyed colors it calls for.  I love this design but I absolutely HATE making lazy daisy stitches and this one is filled with them.  I'll trudge thru because I love the design so much but it will be brutal.


I was able to finish Pumpkin Spice Farm but I haven't done the finishing part yet.  I was going to last weekend but the ills got me down and I just wanted to vegetate.  Here it is with the chenille braid for around the outside of the pillow.  I dyed this using food coloring and a little crushed walnut stain.  It matches the stitched pumpkin pretty close but I think I'm going to give it a second dip in the crushed walnut stain.  It's not "dirty" enough for my taste.  The small flowered fabric to the side is what I will use for the backing.  


I'm getting the urge to do some knitting so I was looking thru Ravelry and came across this design that I found very interesting.  It's knitted in the round and has shoulder shaping which will help it lie very nicely on the shoulders.  I'm going to make this out of a Sirdar yarn I have which is called "Colourwheel" and is 80% acrylic and 20% wool.  It has a nice soft feel to it and the reason I want to make this is alot of times at night while I am sitting here stitching, my shoulders and arms get chilly but it's such a bother putting on a sweater or a shawl so I thought this would be just the thing to keep me warm.  


Well that's all for now except to thank each and every one of you who visit me thru my blog and see what I've been up to.  I am grateful for all the sweet ladies I have met thru here and I count you all as my friends.  Please everyone have a safe weekend and enjoy your family and loved ones.

Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, way to go on getting Pumpkin Spice Farm finished. I look forward to seeing it in finished form. You are off to a good beginning on the Blackbird piece. I am looking forward to seeing your knitting project come to life. Enjoy the rest of your week!

marly said...

What a nice capelet. Easy to remove during a hot flash! I had not seen several of your planned BBD projects, all very nice.

Barb said...

I do love all the BBD pieces. I need to take a look and see which ones I have neglected in my stash. Pumpkin Farm is wonderful. I love anything Fall and pumpkin! So happy that you are feeling better!!

Marilyn said...

You picked out some great projects, Barb.
Hope you are feeling better.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Pumpkin Spice Farm is great Barbara! You have quite a few great ones lined up.

Meari said...

I like the finishing supplies you've picked for Pumpkin Farm. I'm looking forward to spring, too!

Bethan said...

Beautiful colours in the Strawberry Garden piece x