Monday, January 8, 2018

How to destroy a project....

....without even trying.  I posted last time that I was working on a Brenda Gervais design called "A Stitch in Time".  Well today I finished it and decided I was going to follow Brenda's instructions and make it into a pinball.  That was my first mistake.....not her instructions but my decision.  I did everything she said but mine turned out looking terrible.  I just have to keep in mind that it is suppose to look primitive and let it go at that.  I think my great/grandson could of done better....infact I know he could.



It's lumpy, uneven, off center, and just down right ugly.  But I can go to bed knowing I tried my best and to stay away from  making pinballs.  Whoever came up with this idea anyway?  Aren't pincushions good enough?  Jeez  If you would like to try your hand at this pattern, you can find it in my store.

Off to bed and to start a new project tomorrow....
Blessings, Barbara

7 comments:

Barb said...

I don't think it looks as bad as you think it does. Sometimes we can be very critical of our own work. I know I am. However, I will take your advice and stay away from pinballs!!

marly said...

I've never made one, don't know if I ever will! I think it looks good in the photo.

Robin in Virginia said...

Barbara, I don't think it looks bad. It is a pretty design.

Justine said...

Barbara I think it looks lovely! Truly it looks perfect to me

Mii Stitch said...

Don't be to hard with yourself! This type of finishing looks rather tricky. I think you did a great job, it looks lovely.

diamondc said...

Barbara: I think you did a beautiful job, it looks very good to me.
I never like my finish’.
Blessings
Catherine

Unknown said...

شركة عزل اسطح بالاحساء